CABE Company Partner Scheme: Terms and Conditions
- The term 'Chartered Association of Building Engineers', ‘CABE’, 'us', 'we' or ‘our’ refers to The Chartered Association of Building Engineers whose registered office is Lutyens House, Billing Brook Road, Weston Favell, Northampton, Northants, NN3 8NW. The Chartered Association of Building Engineers is a company incorporated by Royal Charter, registered in London. No. RC000867. The term 'you' and ‘your’ refers to the Company Partner.
- These are the terms and conditions that apply to the Company Partner agreement entered between the Company Partner and CABE.
Company Partners, are expected to abide by the key codes which define CABE as an Association:
The Association reserves the right to terminate a partnership if the company or organisation is considered to be in breach of the Code of Professional Conduct. In the event of a complaint, any CABE member within the scheme agrees to co-operate in the investigation and abide by the decision of the disciplinary panel. Company partners must agree to facilitate any investigation.
The Company Partner Application Form
To become a CABE Company Partner all organisations must complete the Company Partner application form.
At the point of renewal of the Company Partner scheme, the renewal payment is confirmation of the continued relationship between CABE and the Company Partner. The Company Partner may not transfer any of its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another organisation. If the Company Partner undertakes a name change the key contact for the Company Partner is obliged to inform CABE of the name change within thirty days.
For online applications the Company Partner will either have sight of a confirmation page or receive an email acknowledgement that the application has been received and is being processed. This does not mean that the application has been accepted. The Company Partner scheme with CABE begins on the date when fees have been paid in full.
Company Partners will have access to the membership benefits and services (referred to as the “services” detailed on the CABE Company Partner Scheme. These vary according to the Tier of partnership entered and the geographic availability of the benefit.
Services supplied by an external provider will be subject to the provider’s own terms and conditions, and CABE do not accept any liability for loss or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision of these services.
Company Partners agree to pay the relevant fee associated with the Tier of Partnership detailed in the CABE Company Partner Benefits document. Payment terms are strictly 30 days. CABE reserves the right to review the price of the Company Partner membership subscription annually.
Our right to vary these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities, or those that are required to be made by law or governmental authority, .
Cancellations and refunds
If you wish to cancel your CABE Company Partner scheme you must inform CABE of the intention to cancel a minimum of thirty working days prior to the anniversary of the application. This notice should be provided directly to CABE in writing by letter or email.
Once renewal of the Company Partner membership has occurred, it will still be possible to cancel the partnership, but CABE are not obliged to offer a refund.
Termination for whatever reason of the CABE Company Partner Scheme shall not affect:
- any rights, liabilities or obligations which accrued before such termination
- any right to payment of fees; and
- any of these terms and conditions that are intended to continue to have effect after such termination.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit any person's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any person's liability for fraud.
Subject to the above, neither we nor any of our agents, directors, officers or employees will be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, damage or consequential loss incurred or suffered by you, directly or indirectly in connection with:
- materials provided to or by or on behalf of us being corrupted or inaccurate
- the Company Partner being unable for whatever reason to access or use the CABE website or the Services
- benefits, goods or services provided by an external provider/third-party
- any third-party communications
- any acts or omissions by you, any other CABE members, or you or their personnel.
Further, neither CABE nor any of our agents, directors, officers or employees will be liable for any indirect or consequential losses incurred or suffered by the Company Partner, whether or not those losses are foreseeable.
To the extent that the foregoing limitation of liability is prohibited or fails of its essential purpose, our sole obligation to you for all losses arising out of or in connection with your CABE Company Partnership, these terms and conditions, the CABE website and the Services (whether such losses arise in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) shall not exceed the amount of any fees received from you in the preceding 12 months.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our directors, officers, agents and licencors from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions by you.
Except as specified in these terms and conditions, all express or implied conditions, terms, representations or warranties (whether implied by statute or otherwise) are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Without affecting any other rights and remedies which CABE may have and without liability to the Company Partner for any losses which may result, CABE may remove an organisation from the CABE Company Partner Scheme:
by giving seven days' notice in writing if:
- in CABE’s sole opinion the Company Partner materially breach any of these terms and conditions or fail to adhere to the CABE Code of Conduct
- the Company Partner fails to renew its membership
- the Company Partner become bankrupt or insolvent; or
- CABE are required by any applicable law to terminate these terms and conditions at any time by giving you seven days' notice in writing.
On termination of your CABE Company Partnership your right to use the Site and the Services shall cease and CABE will invalidate any relevant access details.
Queries, comments and complaints
CABE will endeavour to respond to any complaint or query received within five working days. This may be an acknowledgement that there is a complaint to be answered whilst further investigations are carried out.
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about your subscription please contact the CABE team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
In the event that any part or provision of these terms is found by any court or competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, only that particular provision or part so found, and not the remaining terms, will be rendered inoperative.
Page last updated 21 January 2020