CABE is committed to promoting and sharing good practice in building engineering to help improve the construction industry and deliver a safe, sustainable and accessible built environment.
The Expert Technical Panel consists of between 12 and 24 senior, experienced and expert CABE members brought together to help CABE offer independent, impartial expert opinion on matters of critical interest to the building engineering profession. The Panel may be asked to look at any issue by the board or executive, but typically its role includes to:
- work with the executive to develop a clear and agreed policy position for the Association on key issues including building safety, climate change and sustainability, inclusive design, building health and industry reform initiatives
- support CABE responses to national policy consultations
- provide an expert ‘sounding board’ across the full range of CABE disciplines and expertise which can support CABE inputs in to national and local policy development
- provide expert representation at a national level on industry and government working groups and committees as and when necessary
- collaborate with the Membership and Professional Standards Committee (MPSC) as and when requested in determining technical criteria for assessment of membership
- support the development of research projects which help to build robust evidence in support of the Associations objectives
- occasionally provide expert assessment of evidence in support of the Associations' complaints and disciplinary process'
- co-ordinate and promote CABE member representation on national standards panels
- provide independent impartial technical advice in support of furthering the knowledge of the members of the Association
- utilise their wider connections within Industry to strengthen the knowledge of the Association
- assist in ensuring technical accuracy in training, CPD and CABE publications.
The Expert Technical Panel will meet annually, but will conducts most of its business through digital media including the CABE Members website.
For further information please contact email@example.com