The CABE Principles of Fire Safety course covers the first principles of fire safety and gives an introduction to fire safety design. The course is aimed at those new to fire safety design working in the design, construction and inspection areas of the built environment.
It will introduce delegates to the principles of fire safety, fire science, fire behaviour and human behaviour in fire.
The course will outline the key regulations in particular Part B of the building regulations, introduce the basic building components associated with fire safety and the principles of means of escape. The course will conclude with an end of course test and suggested next steps.
The course is a pre-requisite to the CABE Fire Safety Practitioner Certificate.
The fire safety practitioner certificate course assumes a basic level of fire safety understanding as the course is structured towards technical document interpretation and not principles of fire safety or associated legislation. In order to ensure that the course will benefit you the most, it is desirable that the fire safety foundation is completed beforehand, although suitable prior learning/experience will be considered.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the first principles of fire safety
- recognise the key legislation associated with the design and inspection of fire safety, buildings requirements and guidance
- have an awareness of the importance of fire science and fire behaviour in buildings
- be able to identify key building components essential to good fire safety design
- describe the key human response in fire
- recognise the need for further training to be able to design and check for compliance with current legislation
Safety Precautions - COVID 19
We are putting in place several measures to keep everyone safe at HQ:
- Course numbers will be limited to 15 to ensure delegates are spaced out in the training room to allow for social distancing
- HQ staff will use a separate staircase and areas of the building from external visitors
- A strict hygiene routine including anti bac gel to be used on entering the building, anti bac gel and tissues available in the training room.
- Food safety will be paramount, including:
- no tea and coffee stations (hot drinks can be brought in provided that all rubbish is disposed of correctly or taken away)
- Bottled water provided
- Individually sealed biscuits provided
- Individual lunch box provided consisting of sandwich (choice of filling to be made at time of booking), finger savoury, fruit and cake
CPD: 6 Hours
£270 inc VAT for CABE members
£350 inc VAT for non-members
How to Book
If you would like to book a place on this course, please click on the register button at the top of the page or use the contact details above.
Online booking will be open up to 2 days before the course. Please call us to book a place after this date.