The CABE Fire Safety Practitioner Certificate Course or Certificate in Fire Safety Practice is an introduction to the interpretation and practical application of Part B of the Building Regulations and builds on the CABE Principles of Fire Safety course.
The course is aimed at users (or possible users) of Approved Document B volumes 1 and 2. It will help less experienced professionals develop their knowledge and understanding, or act as effective refresher training for more experienced professionals. The trainer will take the learner through the documents and explain the application of the guidance with the aid of practical examples and case studies. The course contains a number of practical quizzes, assessments and exercises to embed understanding of Part B. The course is designed to enable the learner to apply ADB at an intermediate level and understand when assistance should be sought from senior professionals or specialists.
The course contains the essential learning for those working in the design, construction and inspection areas of fire safety. It provides a basic understanding of, and how to interpret and apply in a practical way Part B of the Building Regulations, it touches on the interfaces with relevant British standards and approved guidance including BS 9999, BS 9991 and PAS79.
The course is aimed at both new entrants and experienced professionals who need to be able to interpret and apply fire safety regulations on residential and commercial projects.
The course is an intensive 5 days, delivered over 2 blocks with a break in between (one block of 2 days and one of 3 days). The delivery is by very experienced Chartered Fire Engineers and Chartered Building Engineers and will be a mixture of lectures and interactive sessions. To complete the course there is an end of course assessment day where delegates will undertake a plan checking exercise and will receive feedback.
Delegates will be provided with extensive course notes and copies of the presentations.
Please note:- This course is not a fire risk assessment course for existing buildings.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to
- interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- apply the principles of fire safety
- design and check that designs are in accordance with the key legislation
- explain the impact of the key aspects of human responses, fire science and fire behaviour in buildings
- describe why key building components are essential to good fire safety design
- recognise the need for further training to be able to design and check for compliance with current legislation
Safety Precautions - COVID 19
We are putting in place several measures to keep everyone safe at HQ:
- Course numbers will be limited to 15 to ensure delegates are spaced out in the training room to allow for social distancing
- HQ staff will use a separate staircase and areas of the building from external visitors
- A strict hygiene routine including anti bac gel to be used on entering the building, anti bac gel and tissues available in the training room.
- Food safety will be paramount, including:
- no tea and coffee stations (hot drinks can be brought in provided that all rubbish is disposed of correctly or taken away)
- Bottled water provided
- Individually sealed biscuits provided
- Individual lunch box provided consisting of sandwich (choice of filling to be made at time of booking), finger savoury, fruit and cake
CPD: 12 Hours
£540 inc VAT for CABE members
£700 inc VAT for non-members
How to Book
If you would like to book a place on this course, please click on the register button at the top of the page or use the contact details above.
Online booking will be open up to 2 days before the course. Please call us to book a place after this date.