28 October 2020
09:00 arrival for 09:30 -16:30
Map this event »
Chartered Association of Building Engineers
Lutyens House, Billing Brook Road
Northampton, Northamptonshire NN3 8NW
01604 404121 Option 5
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This day will look at the minimum standards set by the recently revised Parts K and M of the Building Regulations in relation to access, circulation and safety. You will also gain an understanding of the review of the minimum standards set by Part E of the Building Regulations in relation to sound insulation. This course will also examine in detail the guidance given in the Approved Documents and possible alternatives given in British Standards and other guides.
This seminar can be taken as a stand-alone course or forms part of the Certificate in Building Control. To gain the certification you must complete both Weeks One and Two.
Who's it for?
- New entrants to Building Control
- Building Control Professionals, and
- Improved understanding of legislation
- The ability to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and guidance
- An awareness of alternative solutions to compliance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
Important Note: Slides in pdf format will be sent out to delegates by email in advance. In order to follow the presentation on the day, we ask that you bring a laptop/tablet that can read pdfs.
Safety Precautions - COVID 19
We are putting in place several measures to keep everyone safe at HQ:
- Temperature checks will be carried out on arrival.
- Course numbers will be limited to 15 to ensure delegates are spaced out in the training room to allow for social distancing
- HQ staff will use a separate staircase and areas of the building from external visitors
- A strict hygiene routine including anti bac gel to be used on entering the building, anti bac gel and tissues available in the training room.
- Food safety will be paramount, including:
- no tea and coffee stations (hot drinks can be brought in provided that all rubbish is disposed of correctly or taken away)
- Bottled water provided
- Individually sealed biscuits provided
- Individual lunch box provided consisting of sandwich (choice of filling to be made at time of booking), finger savoury, fruit and cake
CPD: 6 Hours
£270 inc VAT for CABE members
£350 inc VAT for non-members
How to Book
If you would like to book a place on this course, please click on the register button at the top of the page or use the contact details above.
Online booking will be open up to 2 days before the course. Please call us to book a place after this date.