11 September 2020
09:00 arrival for 09:30 -16:30
Map this event »
CABE HQ, Northampton
Billing Brook Road
Northampton, Northamptonshire NN3 8NW
01604 404121 Option 3
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Structural design is a complex field and many professionals require a good appreciation of the considerations and implications on design in construction, but do not necessarily require a full detailed knowledge of structural design.
This one-day seminar will provide you with a basic knowledge of structural design and will provide practical information for those assessing schemes and visiting premises to enable potential structural issues to be identified and addressed. You will also learn how to make structural calculations including moments, loads and forces.
Please note that use of a calculator will be required for this course.
Who's it for?
- Building Control Professionals and Contractors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Surveyors, designers and those who may be involved with domestic projects and wishing to gain a greater understanding of the issues
- Improved understanding of main issues
- The ability to be able to interpret guidance
- An appreciation of the practical solutions to common problems
- Shared experience
- Professional Development
Safety Precautions - COVID 19
We are putting in place several measures to keep everyone safe at HQ:
- Course numbers will be limited to 15 to ensure delegates are spaced out in the training room to allow for social distancing
- HQ staff will use a separate staircase and areas of the building from external visitors
- A strict hygiene routine including anti bac gel to be used on entering the building, anti bac gel and tissues available in the training room.
- Food safety will be paramount, including:
- no tea and coffee stations (hot drinks can be brought in provided that all rubbish is disposed of correctly or taken away)
- Bottled water provided
- Individually sealed biscuits provided
- Individual lunch box provided consisting of sandwich (choice of filling to be made at time of booking), finger savoury, fruit and cake
CPD: 6 Hours
£270 inc VAT for CABE members
£350 inc VAT for non-members
How to Book
If you would like to book a place on this course, please click on the register button at the top of the page or use the contact details above.
Online booking will be open up to 2 days before the course. Please call us to book a place after this date.